Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jumping In

I'm fresh out of a fabulous yoga class.  Zen-like, but with shaky muscles and juuuust on this side of completely starving, waiting for Allen to get home from the grocery store with some tasty steaks to throw on the grill for dinner.  Seems like as good a time as any to jump head first into the whole blogging thing.  May be kind of short & sweet because my brain functioning tends to be somewhat stunted while under the influence of post-workout hunger (or any hunger really).

The theme of last week's yoga class was love vs. fear and the class expanded on this tonight.  The philosophy is that we approach life from the origin of love or from fear, and the idea is to move as many interactions from the fear space to the love space as we can.  Sound kinda new-agey & weird?  I can see your point but I also really like the philosophy.

I can't help but think of starting this blog in that context.  Through my weight loss journey thus far I've learned a lot of love for myself and have found power I never knew existed.  I've also discovered a whole new level of fear.  I'm feeling some of both by doing this - fear of exposing my participation in this journey to anyone I know who happens to read this.  Fear of judgment, of not living up to the standards I plan to write about, and of just opening up this part of my soul to the greater universe.  But the reason I'm doing it is to increase the love and bring more positive energy into my journey.  I know that negativity isn't going to get me to where I want to be - support, community, and persistence will get me there.

So that's where you all come in.  Welcome to the journey.  I hope you enjoy riding along as much as I've enjoyed the journey thus far.  And I promise it won't always be this touchy-feely with fuzzy metaphors.  I did just come back from yoga after all :) 

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jennie! If only I had the willpower that you do - The desire, fortitude, and of course, truth of self. I know you can do it, and will follow along on your journey with any kind of support you need. Go Jennie, Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thats all I have to say..great job Jennie. Cant wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete