Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Perspective

Yesterday, I got a little perspective.

I was talking with my friend Christie, workout guru extraordinare.  I basically recapped the last post to her: my pride in the healthy numbers in my body compared to continued frustration with the scale.  And I really, really liked the way she looked at it.  So, advice taken, here is the new perspective on my weight loss journey & health:

I am healthy.  I have worked long & hard to eat better and lose weight for my health.  AND NOW I'M HERE.  I achieved one of my major goals.

I'm at my goal for improving my health.

Whoa.  I'm still kind of in awe at the magnitude of it.  That doesn't mean my journey is done.  I still want to lose about 17 lbs from where I sit today, which will bring me at the magical number I've had in my head all this time.  I still want to be more comfortable in my clothes, reduce my body fat, and increase my muscle.  And get even healthier.  Losing weight for those reasons feels like so much less pressure now, because I now have confirmation that all of this effort has been working. 

I feel like the mental shift equates to the difference between needing to lose weight and wanting to.  I think I've conceptually moved from one to the other.  There's not a medical reason at this point for me to shed any more pounds.  Now it's up to me and my desire to excel at the fun exercise things I like to do, to be more comfortable in my skin, and continue being a badass at this whole healthy living thing :-D

1 comment:

  1. You look great Jennie. You have truly been someone who has stayed the course and exemplified staying within healthy limits. Keep up the great work as it's very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete