Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Road Trippin

So far so good for my first week of WW recommitting.  In my groggy state this morning I forgot what day it was and weighed myself a day early, but the news was good: down 1.8lbs! 

I seem to have a pattern of doing well and then slipping up when life happens.  Vacations, camping trips, holidays, birthdays, etc have been at the outset of many a bad week (or month...).  Tomorrow I'm leaving for a 3-day conference on the other side of the state, and am determined to keep the good progress going.  It's historically really hard for me to maintain my good intentions while away from the usual routine.  I can usually hold out for a day or two but then the freedom gets in my blood and I remember things like "french fries are tasty" while conveniently forgetting "a full serving of fries is 1/3 of your daily points."  Luckily I'm fresh off the energy of last week's motivation freak-out so I'm being proactive and creating a plan in advance:

1. Track everything.  Even if I eat way more than normal, I'm at least holding myself to tracking it.
2. Do some form of exercise very day.  The initial plan is a C25K workout on the gym treadmill every morning but this could be expanded to include swimming/water exercise or walking around the city.
3. Plan ahead.  I'm planning to bring a cooler with some healthy options for snacks, breakfast, etc.
4. Don't go into "vacation mode."  AKA, give a shit about my goals even when I'm out of town.

I discovered a perfume that I fell in love with at a little shop in downtown Vancouver last week, and if I come back from Yakima feeling good about things and having met those 4 goals, I plan to reward myself with that.  Cause we all know that next to looking good, smelling good is where it's at :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great weigh-in! You are really focused and on-plan and it shows. :-) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jenny. I support you girl friend. Great Blog!!

    ReplyDelete