Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Road Trip Recap

Well friends, I'm going to go ahead and call the excursion to Eastern Washington a success. Here's the rundown.

Goal #1 - Track Everything
~ Done!  I also kept track of my good health guidelines and was a superstar at getting in my water, fruit/veggies, dairy, and multivitamin.  The points picture wasn't super pretty by the end of the weekend, but I wasn't holding myself to that so I'm not beating myself up about it.  The important thing was to write it down and get a realistic picture of what I was eating while away from the normal routine.

Goal #2 - Do Some Form of Exercise Every Day
~ Done!  Wednesday I walked.  Thursday I did C25K.  Friday I did pool aerobics (just kind of winged it) and walked.  Saturday I did C25K.  This was a big victory for me, and I feel really good about it.  It did mean sacrificing the ability to sleep in, but it was a major step in the right direction of keeping with my weight loss goals while away from home.  Score! :)

Goal #3 - Plan Ahead
~ Done!  It meant obnoxiously taking up way more room in the car than my two travel companions with my cooler and grocery bag full of stuff, but the planning ahead paid off.  Observe the awesomeness of my hotel mini-fridge, stocked with healthy goodies:



Goal #4: - Avoid "Vacation Mode"
~ Mostly.  I did indulge in more high-point things than normal, but was able to use effective ways to reduce the negative impact when I did.  Case in point: ordering a cheeseburger at a restaurant and only eating half the bun.  Things like that.  And giving in to the Dairy Queen a block away from the hotel only once :)

Overall, I think I did pretty spectacularly.  It was eye-opening to see how much damage some foods do when none of my normal options are available.  It was also good practice for the planning ahead and exercising on vacation. You may remember that I set up a planned perfume reward if I accomplished all of these goals. 

The end result?  Sweet smelling victory.

3 comments:

  1. Yep. You and Marked over packed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting up with my too-much-stuff tendencies. At least it was for a good cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great on that road trip girlfriend!! You aren't just talkin it, you're livin it!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete